Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Design Clips: Warm Wishes

Hey guys! I'm back as promised, with a holiday card and a video using a fun technique for faux snow.


Watch above or watch at YouTube.

I wanted to create 3 dimensional snow laying on the tree branch, but I didn't have any Liquid Pearls or anything on hand. I decided to try using my Glossy Accents with glitter to see if I could come up with similar effect. I think it turned out great, and I'll be using it again, I'm sure.

Project Supplies

Stamps: Love Birds, Winter Wishes, Classic Christmas (Wplus9)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up!), Versmagic Red Magic (Tsukineko); Antique Linen, Tea Dye distress inks (Ranger)
Cardstock: Kraft, Rustic White (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Nordic Holiday (Basic Grey)
Other: lace trim (Simplicity); twine (Papertrey Ink); glitter (Stampin' Up!); Glossy Accents (Ranger)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I just LOVE this to pieces, girl! I've missed you! And this beauty has such warm, homespun appeal! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that, Dawn! I loved watching your card-making process and I think the finished product is amazing! I can't wait to try that glitter technique myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute project and a fabulous tip on making snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, I love this card!!! so inspiring :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest